1. Define value precisely from the end customer perspective.
- specific product needs
- specific capabilities
- specific price, delivery and quality expectations
2. Identify the entire value stream for each product line and eliminate waste.
- Product definition and development
- Material transformation
- Information management
3. Make the value added activities flow.
- Through radical shifts in process methodology and organizational structure
- Improving processes from end-to-end by eliminating scrap, downtime and WIP
- Moving towards continuous operations vs. batch processing
4. Provide what the customer wants only when the customer wants it.
- Let the end customer pull products from the manufacturing value stream
- Minimize finished goods inventories and WIP
4. Pursue perfection through continuous improvement to
the value stream.
- People recognize there is no end to reducing effort, time, space and mistakes
- Your products become more closely aligned with the customer needs.