Lean Manufacturing Principles and Salescaster LED Displays
FACT: LED Signs Enhance your Lean Manufacturing Programs
The principles of lean manufacturing created by the Japanese have become so widespread chances are you’ve heard something about them or are involved in some form of it. The idea is that one can divide their workforce into distinct processes or work cells that can be easily monitored. Companies with active Lean Manufacturing programs understand the need to map and measure every stage of their “Value Stream” for each product with the objective of eliminating waste from every process.
LED displays can quickly improve the effectiveness of any Lean Program by giving you the ability to post these measurements where they are needed most.
Displaying Plant Efficiency Data
Showing Overall Performance
Key Lean Principles
Define value precisely from the end customer perspective.
– Specific product needs
– Specific capabilities
– Specific price, delivery and quality expectations
Identify the entire value stream for each product line and eliminate waste.
– Product definition and development
– Material transformation
– Information management
Make the value added activities flow.
– Through radical shifts in process methodology and organizational structure
– Improving processes from end-to-end by eliminating scrap, downtime and WIP
– Moving towards continuous operations vs. batch processing
Provide what the customer wants only when the customer wants it.
– Let the end customer pull products from the manufacturing value stream
– Minimize finished goods inventories and WIP
Pursue perfection through continuous improvement to the value stream.
– People recognize there is no end to reducing effort, time, space and mistakes
– Your products become more closely aligned with the customer needs.
THE SALESCASTER ADVANTAGE
We are experienced in helping customers define your needs and refine your ideas. We also understand that every business has unique needs and priorities. Call 800 346-4474 for a fresh approach to Dynamic Visual Communication.